Humidity and temperature monitors are a great way to ensure that the temperature is the exact one that you’re trying to achieve (say, if you want to have a specific temperature for your shop or salon). They can even alert in case of fires or potential heat waves.
Temperature and humidity monitor devices detect, measure, and display the temperature and the moisture within the room so you can keep track of your surroundings at all times. These monitors are widely available on the market with up to a thousand different styles and features. Some monitors may even include tracking of the daily high and low temperatures. Others may display the time as well. Many include email alerts and messages so you can be warned when the temperature or humidity is beyond average.
Below are the top 6 temperature and humidity monitor devices which we recommend the most.
Proteus Humidity & Temperature Monitor – Our Pick
The reason why we chose the Proteus temperature and humidity monitor to be at the very top of our list is that we felt that the entire design and concept was beyond modernism. In the Proteus, we saw a futuristic Wifi compatible system which could send text alerts to your phone in case the temperature or humidity went towards their extremes. It’s also an extremely accurate device which is the best choice for any workspace or house.
- Sends regular notifications and alerts
- Doesn’t need any hubs or gateways
- Improves accuracy
Suppose if the temperature is drastically falling below your set limit or if the atmosphere is getting too dry for your spa to function. The Proteus keeps a daily record of the temperature and sends regular alerts to your phone in case the temperature gets out of hand. The same works with humidity.
The Proteus temperature and humidity monitor is most loved for its accuracy and easy readability. This device has been engineered by some of the best engineers in town, so you know that the readings are correct. Moreover, the readings correlated to however much we set it on our thermostats.
Sensor Sticks Out:
We’ve mentioned this before. Basically, the sensor of the temperature and humidity monitor sticks out about 3 inches from the surface of the device. In this way, you’re able to get the most accurate readings. This also gives the Proteus a better “view” of the atmosphere and keeps the accuracy maximal.
- Extremely accurate and to-the-point readings. No inaccuracy or instrumental errors.
- Very small yet effective.
- Can send text alerts to your smartphone, tablet, or PC so you can be aware of drastic changes in your surrounding at all times.
- Functions smoothly without frequent breakdowns or interruptions.
- Does not require any additional hubs or gateways. Just connect to the Wifi and you’re good to go.
- Sensor sticks out 3 inches so the temperature and humidity readings are accurate.
- Overheats very easily.
SensorPush Thermometer & Hygrometer
The SensorPush makes its way to the second position on our list. The reason why we chose this to be the second best-featured product is that, just like the first one, this too can be connected via the Wifi to a smartphone or tablet, and is even compatible with iOS devices such as the iPhone and iPad. We love diversity, and that is mainly why this temperature and humidity monitor is number two.
- Requires a SensorPush gateway
- Compatible with Android and iOS.
- Sends alerts to the phone
- Swiss-made components
- Very portable
- Has a very powerful range
The SensorPush temperature and humidity monitor is compatible with both iOS devices (iPhones, iPads, Mac Computers, etc.) and Android devices (Motorola, Samsung, Alcatel). This means that you don’t have to worry about the OS compatibility, although the other system requirements might not be fulfilled.
This monitor frequently sends alerts as well as daily reports to your phone or tablet and lets you be in control of what you want to see and know. You can choose to opt out of the notifications or set it to just send security and safety emails. Truly, the options are limitless.
Although we trust only the best brands, there’s something about Swiss-made technology that we just can’t get over. This temperature and humidity monitor is the best way to ensure that you are getting the most accurate readings. The sensors are very precise and picky, and only give you the most close-to-correct readings, free from errors and deviations.
- A great temperature and humidity monitor that send alerts to your smartphone or tablet.
- Does not overheat or lose connection strength over time.
- Is compatible with iPhones, iPads, Apple computers and laptops, Android smartphones like Motorola, Samsung, Blackberry, Lenovo, and Windows laptops and PCs.
- Compact and portable.
- Does not take up much space.
- Very easy to hold and disassemble.
- Requires a gateway to connect to your phone. This can be seen as a downside since having to spend extra can be a menace.
Tempo Disc Temperature & Humidity Detector
The Tempo Disc temperature and humidity monitor take the third spot on our list. The Tempo Disc is by far the best as it’s accurate and keeps secure temperate logs and humidity reports. It also maintains statistics and percentages. You can hold it in a single palm and can be put almost anywhere in the house.
- Very durable
- Keeps track of temperatures, humidity, and dew points
- Exceptionally portable and compact.
- Powered by battery
- Fully functioning and accurate readings.
Logs and Timestamps:
Instead of just sending frequent recordings to the phone, this smart temperature and humidity monitor also keeps track of the time the readings were taken, creates clever statistics and charts, and can even let you alert in case of emergencies. Truly, it is so much more diverse than a simple monitor. It also monitors the amount of dew and precipitation.
Portable and Compact:
The Tempo Disc is best known for its unique futuristic design. The entire product looks as minimal as can be, and does not take up a lot of space, unlike most other monitors. It remains relatively flat and can easily be held or placed in one place. It doesn’t even have a power cord.
Powered By Battery:
One other unique thing about the Tempo Disc is that it is powered by a rechargeable and replaceable battery. This means that you don’t have to worry about the power going out, and certainly not about electricity bills and energy wastage. The Tempo Disc doesn’t need a power cord, so it also becomes more portable than the average temperature and humidity monitor.
- A better alternative to simple temperature recording monitors.
- Does not require power cords, cables, or outlets.
- Saves up energy by working only on batteries.
- The best temperature and humidity monitor if you want to tune down the electric bill.
- Sends frequent logs, timestamps, and statistics to your phone.
- Does not need any additional hubs, gateways, cables, or receivers.
- The signal range may not be too high. Some tests suggest that it may not work 35 yards away from the phone.
Minger Govee Thermometer & Hygrometer
The Govee hygrometer monitor by Minger has appeared on our list because we do love its design and functionality. However, we do feel its accuracy was slightly off. Nevertheless, this is only a minor issue. It has a temperature measuring range between -20 and 60 degrees Celsius. It means that it can create more accurate reading even at temperature extremes. It’s capable to record data and send frequent updates, statistics, and spreadsheets to your connected devices. With multiple displays, it can display temperature, humidity, as well as monthly, daily, and even yearly records.
- Accurate readings in extremes
- Has an accuracy of +-0.3 degrees Celsius
- Can send the alerts to your phone
- It has multiple screens
Highly Accurate and Error Free:
This is the first temperature and humidity monitor on our list to be this accurate. The Minger Govee has an accuracy of +-0.3 degrees Celsius. However, when we tested it, there were fluctuations in the error and deviation range. Nevertheless, we still recommend the Minger Govee for anyone who wants to try out a classic favorite.
Statistics and Spreadsheets:
The Minger Govee is a great monitor. It can not only send daily or monthly temperature and humidity recordings to your phone but also displays helpful statistics. These stats might help you evaluate the temperature fluctuations. This is the best monitor we recommend for professional use in nurseries or salons.
The Minger Govee is a smart temperature and humidity monitor which has its own internal memory. It can record and remember data for years. This means that you can get a whole list of daily, weekly, monthly, and even yearly recordings. You can access it all right at the comfort of your fingertips.
- Can record data for up to a year. Very expansive memory.
- Sends security alerts, temperature changes, and data recordings straight to your phone or tablets.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS.
- It has a wide range of temperature and a relatively precise accuracy.
- Wide signal range. Can detect the signals up to 160 feet away. A very helpful and precise temperature and humidity monitor.
- May have inconvenient connectivity issues with some phones.
Inkbird Thermometer & Hygrometer
The second last product on our list is Inkbird. We’ve heard of the company before, but this is the first time we were prompted to review their hygrometers. And we have to say, we were stunned. These temperature and humidity monitors are lavishly precise and do not seem to deviate much from the actual value.
- Includes internal and external probes
- Can take the samples at your desired intervals
- Readings are as accurate as +-0.5 degrees Fahrenheit and +-2RH.
- Can operate even from 150 feet
- Can store a max of up to 30,000 points
If you want to set your own sampling intervals, then the Inkbird temperature and humidity monitor will work wonders. It features sampling time intervals of 10s, 30s, 1 min, 2 min, 5 min, up to 30 min. Apart from that, it also gives extremely accurate readings.
The readings of the Inkbird are as accurate as +-0.5 degrees Fahrenheit and +-2 RH. This is a great error range since most other monitors have a huge error or deviation. It makes them completely futile in the long run. We loved the accurate measurement provided by the Inkbird.
Wide Connectivity Range:
The Inkbird has a very wide connectivity range. Say you want to get readings from someplace far away from your home. The hub allows the Inkbird temperature and humidity monitor to send readings and data up to 150 feet away. This is the equivalent of 50 meters, and we’re definitely in love with it.
- Sampling interval range is wide and user-friendly. Can take samples at up to 30-minute
- Very accurate and precise readings. Only has an error of +-2 RH and +-0.5 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Can connect to your smartphone or tablet from up to 150 feet or 50 meters away.
- One phone can be used to get data from more than one device.
- Not a good temperature and humidity monitor for the price.
Tempi Thermometer & Hygrometer with Bluetooth
Tempi’s temperature and humidity monitor with Bluetooth is an exceptional device. It assists you in keeping track of your surroundings at all times. The sensors are all Swiss made and have high caliber an excellent precision. We love Tempi since it works so smoothly and accurately, and does not consume any energy. If you really don’t like any other product on our list, then we suggest trying out the Tempi. The Swiss made sensor provides extra durability and precision.
- Swiss made sensor
- Can give a full graph history
- Small, compact, lightweight, and portable
- Powered by a battery
- Very helpful in the long run.
Graph and Data Recordings:
It can conveniently provide you with a full history of up to a month of recordings. A great choice if you want to visually analyze the temperature and humidity fluctuations. This is the first and only product on our list which displays its data and statistics in the form of graphs. We think this is a great feature since visually analyzing the data is always better and helps more. That’s not all. The data and graphs are all accurate and very neatly presented. It can store and remember the data for over a year of recordings.
Compact and Portable:
We felt that the Tempi’s device is a very compact and portable temperature and humidity monitor. The size is very small, and it can fit right in your palm. It can be easily placed in a container, tank, table, plate, counter, cabinet, or be clipped onto objects. It also doesn’t use a power cord, so you can easily move it around without having to worry about portability. You can either place it on a table or on a counter or even leave it clipped to something.
The Tempi temperature and humidity monitor is powered by a single battery. It allows the Tempi to function without depending on the availability of a power outlet or electricity. It does not consume energy from your house’s electric bill. This means that it allows you to enjoy its services without any additional charges. You can forget about high electricity costs with this device.
- Does not require a hub or gateway.
- Very lightweight and portable.
- Connects to the phone even from miles away.
- Can store the data of up to a year and provide the graph for up to a month.
- Powered by a battery to reduce costs and increase fuel efficiency.
- Still not compatible with Android devices. Only works on iOS.
In conclusion, the best temperature and humidity monitors provide both precision and a wide range. If we had to say it, we’d advise you to look for certain features. These include high ranges, wide options, and some of the best accuracies. If you really want to know our personal favorite, then we choose the Proteus Wifi Humidity and Temperature Sensor. There were a lot of factors which played into our final decision, including the sheer luxury of using the product.
So there you have it. The top 6 best temperature and humidity monitors that we would 100% recommend to anyone who wants to buy them. However, we always say that there are a lot more options to explore. So don’t be afraid to try out other brands too.
If you think that we missed out on something, then you can always get in touch with us by leaving your comment below.
Read more from our page: Top 5 Electric Fireplace with Remote Review